Sharing dates of Fairs


If you click on one of the months above it will show a list of fairs usually held that month.PLEASE, PLEASE let me know of any fair you know about and I'll add it to the list.
I apologise for not making any attempt to keep it current this is just an attempt to have a list of as many dolls house shows that I can find. Even if you see a show with an old date you can just google the name of the show to find out the date of the next one.

It would be great if you'd let me know of any I can add to the list.

Thursday 22 January 2015

Gulf Coast Dollhouse Miniatures Festival, January 17th and 18th, 2015

I almost missed my fourth visit to Molly Cromwell's Sarasota show as my son and his family were visiting us back 'home' in Naples but I had promised to deliver my Judy Berman box to Molly so it seemed I 'was forced' to abandon them for the day and flit up US41 for a mini fest.


Judy Berman room box


The show was as entertaining as ever.

There is a core of vendors I am now becoming familiar with such as The Betterleys, 



True2Scale 



and Quarter Source



 to name but three, but there are always several 'new-to-me' traders at her shows, which is always exciting:

Miniatures at Butterfly Crossing were showing an interesting 3D printed range of quarter scale furniture.  I am probably too much of a traditionalist to go that route but I can see it will have its uses even for die-hards like me - fridges, bathroom suites etc.


Versailles Fashion Dolls had some appealing characters:


Miniature Corner Too is a trader who I am sure has been around a while but, again, new to me.  There was an eclectic mix of items for sale but their Bavarian corner appealed to me. 




Dollhouse Alley.com  Had some good inexpensive buys.


Lynn McEntire has been creating her porcelain dolls since the seventies but, again, she was new to me.  She had a glass dome just packed with the most incredible little figures of all sizes.

There were two sides to this dolls shop in a dome


As always I commend Molly's shows to you.  They are a great assortment of vendors - all styles, scales and prices so there is always something to buy for everyone.  You can catch her here in Sarasota which is great venue for a winter break or, in February, she will be in Orlando and then in May she is in Sturbridge - check out her website: Molly's shows

I had no intention of buying as I am 'overstocked' right now...............  I will share my purchases with you here tomorrow!............

For more photos of the show click on the album link on the left. These are 'raw' photos not sorted or edited just pretty much all I took at the show.


GULF COAST DOLLHOUSE MINIATURES FESTIVAL
January 17 & 18

Ramada Marina Hotel
7150 N Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, 34243
A show & sale featuring craftsmen from the USA, France, Brazil, & Canada with miniature structures from HO to 1" scale, dollhouse furnishings & accessories, antique & collectible miniatures, dollhouse dolls, fine art, pottery, stitchery & more...all in miniature & all for sale!
SUNDAY ~ January 18 10-4
Adults $7 ~ Children 12-under $4 One child admitted free with each full paying adult on Sunday after 2 p.m.
Saturday Evening Preview
January 17 5 - 8 p.m. $18

includes Weekend Admission, Early Sales, Refreshments & Cash Bar. Pay at door.
Exhibits from the Private Collections of Gulf Coast club members
Directions: I-75 Exit 213/University Parkway West, to Ringling Museum, then 1 mi on 41North to Ramada on the left
Book a room at the Sarasota Ramada Waterfront: 941-358-1000
More Information: 941-371-3193

2 comments:

  1. This looks like it was a lot of fun to attend and the vendors that you are showing are definitely intriguing!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This and the Orlando show are well worth a visit, some great vendors and a good mix. Glad you are still following. I do still follow your work and others even though I have abandoned 1/12th...... Though I may be tempted back .....
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.